Conserve Energy for a Sustainable Future...
Degradation of our atmosphere has become a big issue nowadays that's why we at Ben's Green Housing, Inc. in its simple and effective way has committed to build "GREEN CLEAN PASSIVE HOUSES" to bring into the Philippine market energy saving and cost efficient houses and not only that this is also our way to give back to our society.
Objectives of Ben's Green Clean Passive House
Degradation of our atmosphere has become a big issue nowadays that Ben’s Green Housing, Inc. in its simple and effective way has committed to building “PASSIVE HOUSES” to bring into the Philippine market energy saving and cost efficient houses. Ben’s Green Housing, Inc. “PASSIVE HOUSES” has the following characteristics to better serve its purpose:
House Design- it is designed to maximize lighting, air flow and control temperature. It can withstand strong typhoons and natural occurring calamities. It is a long term investment that has a short term payback.
Use of Energy Saving Interior Construction Materials like;
- Unplasticized Poly Vinyl Chloride (uPVC) windows are poor conductor of heat and therefore make an external insulator. These windows are double glazed to reduce heat transfer and with special glass films as protection from Ultraviolet and Infrared rays. These are made of materials which are durable and rigid for strong frames making it water and termite proof, fire retardant, economical and easy to install. uPVC windows conserve energy and are recyclable.
- Fire Rated Steel Door plays a vital role in keeping people safe and minimizing property damage during a fire. These are specially designed with high level resistance to smoke and flame that slow down or prevent the spread of fire for a specified period of time. It is also deformation and corrosion proof with anti-burglary features.
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) doors is chlorine free during manufacturing and in the final product. Unlike PVC, ABS may be incinerated with general waste, is lighter in weight and highly heat resistant. It is a good alternative for wooden doors to help in the preservation of our forests.
- Window treatments like window blinds, shades and retractable awning. These energy efficient window treatments make a big difference in energy saving aside from the beauty and fashion it brings. It provides insulation by reducing energy consumption and creates a more comfortable atmosphere.
- Light Emitting Diode (LED) is a two lead semiconductor light source. It is more energy efficient than incandescent lights since LED lights has longer lifetime, lower energy consumption and improve physical robustness.
- A well designed wall with 32 cm thickness, consisting of Styrofoam sandwiched between the hollow blocks, generates a well insulated house which provides comfort, reduces energy consumption thus less energy will be required from power stations that burn fossil fuels to produce electricity.
Installation of Solar Power Generating System:
- Solar Photo voltaic (PV) System which generates electricity directly from sunlight by the use of photo voltaic cells. These PV panels provide clean and green energy thus no harmful greenhouse gas emission into the environment.
- Solar street lights/ lamps are light sources which are raised by 5 meter high stainless pole, powered by photo voltaic panels and uses 50W LED bulbs. This is off-grid type which uses battery to store electricity during the day and provide energy to the fixture during the night.
Installation of Clean, Biodegradable and Efficient Home Amenities
- Installation of modern Septic Tank which is a highly efficient, self-contained, underground waste water treatment system. This system can protect public health, preserve valuable water resources and maintain economic vitality in a community.
- Use of Luxury Vinyl Floor Tiles which are eco-friendly and are manufactured with the latest Nano Silver Technology. This technology inhibits multiplication and growth of bacteria and fungi which cause infection, odor, itchiness and sores. Our vinyl tile is also 100% recyclable after use. LED points are available for these products in commercial buildings.
- Installation of Roof Tiles which are non-combustible and are safe against fire. These are highly resistant to corrosion, provides thermal insulation and are made using modern technology to make it last longer.
- Use of water-saving toilet bowl and shower heads. These products were designed to lower down water consumption thus saving energy and cost.
- Installation of modern Home Network System. This is to keep abreast with the fast changing technology wherein every home should be supported their telecommunication and home security.
- Installation of modern Laundry Drying Racks. This is to save up space and keeping your home clean and organize.
- Use of Ceramic Paint which is water-soluble acrylic silicone resin, 10 micron ceramic, 40 micron, special ceramic, titanium oxide mixed with insulation, heat shield, UV protection, sound insulation, waterproof, pollution prevention and significantly improve the indoor air quality to provide a variety of effects of insulation paint.